To perform the MSCONFIG procedure:
Windows 10 and earlier:
- Press and hold the Windows® key and R keys at the same time. This should open the Run dialog box.
- Type MSCONFIG and click OK. This should open the System Configuration Utility window.
- Click on the Services tab and check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox near the bottom. Do not continue unless the box is checked.
- Click Disable All.
- Next go to the Startup tab and click Disable All.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
Once Windows® is back up go ahead and try launching Lineage 2 again (without opening any other programs).
Important Note: If you need a specific application to run with Windows® but still want to use MSCONFIG, you can follow the above instructions and on step 4, re-check any application that needs to start with Windows® programs you would want to do this for include:
- Wireless Connection Software
- Mouse or Keyboard Applications