To copy files from another directory or from another Hard Disk Drive, please follow the instructions carefully as you will need to install the game halfway before copying the files as shown in the step-by-step guide below:
- Download the Lineage II installer in the link provided below:
- Locate the Lineage2Installer.exe that you have saved. Right click on the file and select run as administrator.
- Click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Read and Accept the user agreement then click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Click on “Change” and select the folder where you want Lineage II to be installed. The resulting path should always end with the folder ‘NCSoft\Lineage II’ for the installation to be successful.
e. F:\NCSoft\Lineage II
- C lick on ‘Next’ to continue the installation after selecting the directory.
- Click on ‘Install’ to start the process.
- You will then be prompted to install the NCSOFT Game Launcher Installer and click ‘Next to continue’.
- Read the user agreement and click on ‘I agree’.
- Click on ‘Close’ to proceed.
- Going back to the Lineage II – InstallShield Wizard, click on ‘Install then click on ‘Finish’ to complete the installation part.
- You will then be taken to the login screen. Input your login credentials and click ‘LOG IN’ to proceed or if you do not have an account, please create a new NC account. For a guide on how to create a new NC account please follow the link: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/204361029-Creating-an-NC-Account
- A window will prompt you to update the game. Click ‘Update’ to proceed.
- A file check will appear. Click ‘Confirm’ for the game to start updating then click ‘Cancel’ when the game starts downloading the patch.
- Locate the Lineage II file that you will be copying to the installation directory.
- Click on the file and press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘C’ to copy the file and paste it using ‘Ctrl’ + ‘V’ to the chosen directory. i.e. F:\NCSoft\
- When a prompt appears to overwrite the files in the chosen directory, click on ‘Replace the files in the destination’ and do it for all the conflicts to proceed.
- After copying the files, go back to the launcher and click on ‘Update’ to proceed. The launcher will check the files and automatically check and repair the Lineage II files that you have copied. It will also proceed to download the new game patches that need to be installed.
- Click on ‘Play now’ to enjoy playing Lineage II!
Tip: Remember to launch the game from the Shortcut created in your Desktop to avoid encountering difficulties in launching the game.
Note: There will be an NCWEST folder with the NCLauncher which will be installed on Drive C (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest ) by default and this is intended as only the Lineage II directory can be changed.